Account Teams help multiple users to better collaborate on accounts by defining a role for each team member, setting record-level access individually, and viewing teams in list views and reports. When enabled, the account teams feature is available in Salesforce Lightning, Salesforce Classic, and the mobile app. Users may prepare default account teams for speedy setup of new accounts. Account Teams are not the same as opportunity teams.
Enable account teams
1. From Setup, enter Account Teams in the Quick Find box, and select Account Teams.
2. Click Enable Account Teams.
3. Select the Account Teams Enabled checkbox and click Save.
4. Select the Account Layout checkbox to add the Account Team related list to the page layout.
5. Select the Add to users’ customized related lists checkbox and click Save.
Add new team roles: Sales Engineer and Customer Support Rep.
1. Click Team Roles and click New.
2. In the text area, enter these picklist values, each on a separate line:
- Customer Support Rep
- Sales Engineer
3. Click Save.
Create a default account team to give read-only access.
1. Click your user icon/picture (in the upper right of the screen), then click Settings.
2. On the left sidebar, click Advanced User Details.
3. In the Default Account Team related list, click Add.
4. Use Lookup iconto search for team members.
|Team Role||Customer Support Rep|
Add a second team member
|Team Role||Sales Engineer|
6. Click Save.
Add the default team to one of your accounts.
1. Click the App Launcher icon, then click Accounts.
2. From the List Views picklist, select All Accounts.
3. Click Edge Communications.
4. In the Account Team related list, click Add Default Team.
5. Look at the Account Team related list again to make sure the team was added.